Over the years, Alan has earned a reputation not only for his legal astuteness, but also for his tireless dedication to successfully and aggressively representing the interests of his clients. Alan brings to each case a wealth of experience in both state and federal courts and arbitrations and has been selected to provide legal services to individuals, partnerships and corporations of every size. His expertise includes such complex areas of the law as personal injury, wrongful death and product liability claims, real estate, contracts, partnerships, securities, class actions, oil and gas, construction, sports litigation, insurance, intellectual property, professional liability and fraud disputes, and he has successfully represented clients in both domestic and international arbitrations. He began his legal career with Hewett Johnson Swanson & Barbee.
Alan’s efforts have earned both favorable outcomes for his clients and the respect of his peers, as reflected in his impressive list of honors.
In 2015 ballots were sent to more than 60,000 lawyers in the State of Texas to name the top Texas Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters Service. As a result of that balloting and a blue ribbon panel review, and as in past years, Alan was named as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in the State of Texas. Alan was also honored, as in past years, by Texas Lawyer based on statewide ballots as one of the top 100 Lawyers in the Dallas – Ft. Worth region.
For the year 2015, as well as in past years, Alan has been selected as one of only 48 lawyers in Dallas and one of 138 lawyers in the state of Texas to be included in both the Bet the Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation categories for the Best Lawyers in America, a Woodward White, Inc. corporation, a listing of the top lawyers in America based on more than two million confidential evaluations of lawyers nationwide.
In 2015, as in past years, Alan also was recognized by his peers and D Magazine as one of the best business litigators in the Dallas area.
In 2010, Alan was selected by the Advisory Board of Litigation Counsel of America for Fellowship in the Litigation Counsel of America. The LCA is an honorary trial lawyer society whose membership is limited to less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. The Texas LCA Fellow delegation includes only approximately 252 lawyers, judges and/or law professors in the State of Texas. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
In 2006, Alan were named among the inaugural class of “The Defenders” by The Dallas Business Journal. This elite designation recognizes “the most brilliant legal minds in the Dallas/Fort Worth area” – an honor bestowed upon only 15 lawyers.
Alan Loewinsohn Co-Councils on cases with the firm.
- Named one of Best Lawyers in D Magazine for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2005
- Selected by fellow members of the Texas Bar Association to be named among the Top Texas Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters Service, in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003
- Selected by fellow members of the Texas Bar Association to be named among the Top 100 Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters Service, in the Dallas/Ft. Worth region for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005 and 2004
- Selected to be included in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007 editions of The Best Lawyers in America, a Woodward White, Inc. corporation.
- Selected in 2010, 2008, and 2007 as a member of the Lawdragon 3000-Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers in America, recognizing the top 3,000 plaintiffs’ lawyers in the country
- Selected in 2006 as member of the Lawdragon 3000-Leading Lawyers in America, recognizing the top less than one percent of the legal profession in the country
- Member of American Board of Trial Advocates
- Martindale Hubble Bar Register of Prominent Lawyers
- Higginbotham Inn of Court
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
Alan is also a respected writer and lecturer on legal issues, authoring Video Tactics in Settlement and Litigation, (John Wiley Sons, Inc. 1989) and co-writing “Videotaped Depositions Come to Court” as published in Litigation magazine in 1988.
Alan received his B.S. from Northwestern University in 1976 and his J.D. from the University of Virginia in 1979.